Scope of refurbishment works:
- Roof renewal with Metrotile lightweight tiling system to replace original low-pitch felted covering.
- Replacement of roofline plastics and RWGs.
- Renewal of windows and doors onto original balconies
- Liaison with Newport City Planning Authority to agree a redesigned elevational treatment
- External wall insulation to all walls, including previous tile hung areas.
- Artbrick finish to large gable walls and coloured texture render to other areas
- Renewal of balcony paneling with composite boarding
- Balcony repair insulation and waterproofing.
- External works to gates, drainage and car park drainage.
Westdale Midlands were engaged by Newport City Homes to partner in designing and delivering a refurbishment package to the two prominent 3-storey blocks of flats in what is otherwise an exclusively 2-storey dormitory town on eth outskirts of Newport.
The blocks, whilst displaying many of the key architectural features of the estate generally, were tired and dilapidated.
Therefore, in addition to addressing the maintenance liabilities and thermal deficiencies of the dwellings, NCH wished to improve the appearance of the building and its contribution to the overall quality of Underwood.
Westdale Midlands are able to deliver a wide range of thermal improvement measures, and when it comes to EWI, an unrivalled range of finishes and options. With this flexibility in mind we proposed a series of revised elevational treatments for consultation with residents and then for approval by the Planning Authority.